New Bow


Earlier this week I went to a hunting expo in Utah where I gave a keynote speech and did a workshop on proper tracking techniques in the North American forests. It was a really fun few days and I got to meet some great people. There were so many vendors and hunting enthusiasts, it felt great to be in my own element. I got to take a course on Native American hunting techniques, and just cannot believe how amazingly advanced the methods they used were for the time. Wow! It was so fascinating.

I also spent a little time… ok maybe a lot of time, browsing the different vendors that were set up at the convention center (rain forced us inside for most of the time, unfortunately). Hot damn, there were some amazing guns! Normally I stick to firearms when I’m hunting, but I got to talking to one of the bow vendors and they got me to give one of their new models a try... needless to say I now own a bow. I have no words for how amazingly accurate this thing is. It completely changed my view on bow hunting and I can’t wait to give this bad boy a go tomorrow when I go hunting with some of my friends. Here’s hoping that I get a buck with the most points!

No comments:

Post a Comment