A Few More Trips

My best friend, Len, and I have been taking some more trips to do some hunting. Recently we went to do some pheasant hunting, which didn't end quite well for me. I had an off day and only bagged a single bird, which is fine since I don't particularly care for pheasant anyway.

It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the hospitality of some big name hunters out in South Dakota. Our host also happened to be a fantastic cook and made us some amazing pheasant roasts that were one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten - yes, even better than the ostrich I had two years ago that I had freshly killed in Africa. It was that unbelievable!

The sunset was fantastic!

We got in last week from a trip to Switzerland where I nailed a fantastic 8 point buck. Not my highest count, by far, but I'll be damned if this wasn't a great experience. So many hunters complain that deer don't offer enough of a challenge, but I swear this beast was so intelligent. I had to track him for 4 hours before I finally got him in my sights, and even then I slipped on some snow and accidentally spooked him. It was another 2 hours before I caught up to him and got him.

I gave the venison to a friend of mine over there and had the head mounted and shipped back home. It will make a fine addition to the pelts and head mounts that I have in the den. I may even have to move that bear so I can mount it near the fire place and bricks. It'll look fantastic!

The beautiful 8 points!

No comments:

Post a Comment