An Unusual Rumor

I'm staying in a small town in the mid-west for a hunting tournament - I'd prefer to leave the tiny community anonymous because I don't want some crazy little rumor to drum up all this trouble and ruin the reputation they have from the great hunting out here. The other day I was in town loading up on some supplies when I overhead some freaked out kids telling the Sheriff that some guy had taken aim at him out in the wilderness just outside of town. The Sheriff waved it off as just some kids who drank too much and were fooling around and then got scared, but the fear in this poor kid was palpable.

Now, I doubt that there's anyone out here trying to shoot some kids. It's more like the property owner was just trying to scare them off because they may have entered his woods accidentally. But some of the townsfolk have been talking about a stretch of woods that are cursed, and it seems like that's where the kids were. Pretty interesting, but I'm sure it's nothing.

I'm headed out to that area to do some hunting tomorrow, so I'll be on the lookout for some loony with a gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment